- This topic is empty.
November 9, 2020 at 12:40 am #2658Agnes SinnyGuest
by Laurie Halse Anderson
- ISBN: 9780689848919 (0689848919)
- Genres: fiction, historical, childrens, teen, school, survival
- Characters: Mattie Cook
- Format: paperback, 252 pages
- Publisher: Aladdin
- Awards: California Young Readers Medal Nominee for Middle School/Junior High (2004), Rebecca Caudill Young Readers’ Book Award (2003), Margaret A. Edwards Award (2009)
- Release date: September 1, 2000
- Places: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Language: english
- Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
About The Book
It’s late summer 1793, and the streets of Philadelphia are abuzz with mosquitoes and rumors of fever. Down near the docks, many have taken ill, and the fatalities are mounting. Now they include Polly, the serving girl at the Cook Coffeehouse. But fourteen-year-old Mattie Cook doesn’t get a moment to mourn the passing of her childhood playmate. New customers have overrun her family’s coffee shop, located far from the mosquito-infested river, and Mattie’s concerns of fever are all but overshadowed by dreams of growing her family’s small business into a thriving enterprise. But when the fever begins to strike closer to home, Mattie’s struggle to build a new life must give way to a new fight — the fight to stay alive.
Hardcover ebook Fever 1793 buy on Book Depository. PDF book Fever 1793 Laurie Halse Anderson on Android. Paperback Fever 1793 download for Kindle. MOBI book Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson read online on Amazon.