- This topic is empty.
November 22, 2020 at 1:21 pm #3355Megan ZafferGuest
A Journey to the End of the Millennium
by A.B. Yehoshua, André Bernard, Nicholas de Lange
- Format: paperback, 352 pages
- Language: english
- Awards: Koret Jewish Book Award for Fiction (2000), Κρατικό Βραβείο Λογοτεχνικής Μετάφρασης for Μετάφραση Έργου Ξένης Λογοτεχνίας στην Ελληνική Γλώσσα (2002)
- ISBN: 9780156011167 (0156011166)
- Characters: Ben Attar
- Release date: May 1, 2000
- Author: A.B. Yehoshua, André Bernard, Nicholas de Lange
- Publisher: Mariner Books
- Places: Tangier, Paris
- Genres: fiction, jewish, france, historical, religion, israel, judaica, travel, medieval
About The Book
In the year 999, when Ben Attar, a Moroccan Jewish merchant, takes a second wife, he commits an act whose unforeseen consequences will forever alter his family, his relationships, his business-his life. In an attempt to forestall conflict and advance his business interests at the same time, Ben Attar undertakes his annual journey to Europe with both his first wife and his new wife. The trip is the beginning of a profound human drama whose moral conflicts of fidelity and desire resonate with those of our time. Yehoshua renders the medieval world of Jewish and Christian culture and trade with astonishing depth and sensuous detail. Through the trials of a medieval merchant, the renowned author explores the deepest questions about the nature of morality, character, codes of human conduct, and matters of the heart.
FB2 A Journey to the End of the Millennium by A.B. Yehoshua download on PocketBook. PDF ebook A Journey to the End of the Millennium on Walmart. Online book A Journey to the End of the Millennium buy cheap for Android on Books-a-Million.
Hardcover book A Journey to the End of the Millennium A.B. Yehoshua read. Hardback ebook A Journey to the End of the Millennium buy on Amazon. FictionBook A Journey to the End of the Millennium by A.B. Yehoshua download reader.