- This topic is empty.
November 6, 2020 at 2:58 am #2326Abbie EisensteinGuest
The Race to Build—and Steal—the World’s Most Dangerous Weapon
by Steve Sheinkin
🔰 Bomb · READ MORE 🔰
- Genres: history, science, war, historical, teen, childrens, juvenile
- Language: english
- Author: Steve Sheinkin
- ISBN: 9781596434875 (1596434872)
- Format: hardcover, 266 pages
- Awards: Newbery Medal Nominee (2013), Sibert Medal (2013), Rhode Island Teen Book Award Nominee (2015), Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children’s Book Award Nominee (2014), National Book Award Finalist for Young People’s Literature (2012)
- Release date: September 4, 2012
- Publisher: Flash Point
About The Book
In December of 1938, a chemist in a German laboratory made a shocking discovery: When placed next to radioactive material, a Uranium atom split in two. That simple discovery launched a scientific race that spanned 3 continents. In Great Britain and the United States, Soviet spies worked their way into the scientific community; in Norway, a commando force slipped behind enemy lines to attack German heavy-water manufacturing; and deep in the desert, one brilliant group of scientists was hidden away at a remote site at Los Alamos. This is the story of the plotting, the risk-taking, the deceit, and genius that created the world’s most formidable weapon. This is the story of the atomic bomb.
Bomb is a 2012 National Book Awards finalist for Young People’s Literature.
Bomb is a 2012 Washington Post Best Kids Books of the Year title.
Bomb is a 2013 Newbery Honor book.
Hardback book Bomb buy cheap on Kobo. FB2 Bomb Steve Sheinkin read for iOS. MP3 ebook Bomb by Steve Sheinkin download on Amazon. TXT Bomb Mac. MOBI ebook Bomb by Steve Sheinkin read online on Android on Powells.