- This topic is empty.
November 9, 2020 at 9:16 pm #2744Ryan BrownGuest
All the King’s Men
by Robert Penn Warren
- Awards: Pulitzer Prize for Fiction (1947), Prix du Meilleur Livre Étranger for Roman (1953), Mikael Agricola -palkinto (1977)
- Author: Robert Penn Warren
- Places: Southern Region
- Release date: September 1, 1996
- ISBN: 9780156004800 (0156004801)
- Genres: fiction, classics, politics, literature, novels, american, southern, historical
- Publisher: Harcourt Brace
- Language: english
- Format: paperback, 439 pages
About The Book
More than just a classic political novel, Warren’s tale of power and corruption in the Depression-era South is a sustained meditation on the unforeseen consequences of every human act, the vexing connectedness of all people and the possibility — it’s not much of one — of goodness in a sinful world. Willie Stark, Warren’s lightly disguised version of Huey Long, the one time Louisiana strongman/governor, begins as a genuine tribune of the people and ends as a murderous populist demagogue. Jack Burden is his press agent, who carries out the boss’s orders, first without objection, then in the face of his own increasingly troubled conscience. And the politics? For Warren, that’s simply the arena most likely to prove that man is a fallen creature. Which it does.
PDF ebook All the King’s Men buy for Mac on Dymocks. Online book All the King’s Men Robert Penn Warren. MOBI All the King’s Men by Robert Penn Warren read Kindle on Powells. FictionBook All the King’s Men download.